News from Pamela Tinkham, LLC
Pamela will be Certified as an EMDR Therapist this year (2021)
(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Pamela received her Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certificate.
Pamela was honored to present a workshop at the first yoga/mental health conference on the East Coast!
Pamela Tinkham LLC introduces Beach Yoga
with 2 NYC teachers, Angela Hubbs & Jackie Day at West Beach in Stamford, CT.
This class is a combination of...
Meditation, Fitness, Yoga, Reiki, and Massage.
Yoga and Psychology
Pamela attended the academic conference on Yoga and Psychology
2012 - 2013
- Pamela Tinkham, MSW, LCSW earned her 200 hour Yoga Certificate and is a Certified Yoga Teacher.
- Pamela Tinkham was featured in a book by Dr. Mark R. Banschick, "The Intelligent Divorce"!
- Pamela was featured as an outstanding member in the IDEA Fitness Journal.
- Pamela appeared in the January/February 2011 edition of Stamford Magazine.
The Eight Limbs of Yoga:
1) Yamas - Ethical behavior one should follow every day
a. Ahimsa - Non harm to self or others
b. Satya - Loving honesty
c. Asteya - Not stealing
d. Brahmacharya - Non-excess or moderation
e. Aparigraha - Non-covetousness (be happy with what you have)
2) Niyamas - Personal Observances
a. Saucha - Body as a temple
b. Santosa - Humble and content
c. Tapas - Disciplined commitment
d. Svadhayaya - Self sudy
e. Ishvarapranidhana - letting go of ego
3) Asana (posture)
4) Pranayama (breath control)
5) Pratyahara (sense withdrawal)
6) Dharana (concentration)
7) Dhyana (meditation)
8) Samadhi (contemplation or bliss, absorption or super-conscious state)
~ Sri Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Different Paths of Yoga:
Hatha Yoga - Yoga of postures
Raja Yoga - Yoga of self control
Karma Yoga - Yoga of service
Jnana Yoga - Yoga of the mind
Bhakti Yoga - Yoga of devotion
Tantra Yoga - Yoga of rituals
Yoga Marga - Yoga of meditative/reflective - enlightenment through control of the mind.
Mantra Yoga - Yoga of vibrations
Nada Yoga - Yoga through sound
~ The Bhagavad Gita