News from Pamela Tinkham LLC
Pamela received her Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certificate!
Pamela was honored to present a workshop at the first yoga/mental health conference on the East Coast!
Shal-Om Yoga will be continuing at Temple Beth El on Wednesdays at 6pm, starting 9/9/2015.
Classes are $20
Non-members are welcome to join
All Religious Orientations are welcome!
Call (203) 979-7819 for more information or to sign-up.
- Beach Yoga at West Beach in Stamford was a hit and is now finished for the 2015 season. Call (203) 979-7819 for more information on future Beach Yoga classes.
- You can now "like" and follow Pamela Tinkham LLC on Facebook!
Pamela Tinkham LLC introduces Beach Yoga
with 2 NYC teachers, Angela Hubbs & Jackie Day at West Beach in Stamford, CT!
This class is a combination of...
Meditation, Fitness, Yoga, Reiki, and Massage.
You won't want to miss this one!
Call (203) 979-7819 for more information.
Yoga and Psychology
Pamela attended the first academic conference on Yoga and Psychology in April 2014
2012 - 2013
- Pamela Tinkham, MSW, LCSW earned her 200 hour Yoga Certificate and is a Certified Yoga Teacher!
- Pamela was published in a guest blog for Psychology Today! Click here to read the article...
- Pamela Tinkham was featured in a book by Dr. Mark R. Banschick, "The Intelligent Divorce"! See Article Here!
- Pamela was featured as an outstanding member in the IDEA Fitness Journal!
- Pamela appeared in the January/February 2011 edition of Stamford Magazine!
The Eight Limbs of Yoga:
1) Yamas - Ethical behavior one should follow every day
a. Ahimsa - Non harm to self or others
b. Satya - Loving honesty
c. Asteya - Not stealing
d. Brahmacharya - Non-excess or moderation
e. Aparigraha - Non-covetousness (be happy with what you have)
2) Niyamas - Personal Observances
a. Saucha - Body as a temple
b. Santosa - Humble and content
c. Tapas - Disciplined commitment
d. Svadhayaya - Self sudy
e. Ishvarapranidhana - letting go of ego
3) Asana (posture)
4) Pranayama (breath control)
5) Pratyahara (sense withdrawal)
6) Dharana (concentration)
7) Dhyana (meditation)
8) Samadhi (contemplation or bliss, absorption or super-conscious state)
~ Sri Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Different Paths of Yoga:
Hatha Yoga - Yoga of postures
Raja Yoga - Yoga of self control
Karma Yoga - Yoga of service
Jnana Yoga - Yoga of the mind
Bhakti Yoga - Yoga of devotion
Tantra Yoga - Yoga of rituals
Yoga Marga - Yoga of meditative/reflective - enlightenment through control of the mind.
Mantra Yoga - Yoga of vibrations
Nada Yoga - Yoga through sound
~ The Bhagavad Gita