by Pamela Tinkham, LCSW, C-IAYT, SEP
What happens when our lives are too busy and hectic to enjoy the present moment?
Well, the moment is gone
What can you do?
- Find the joy in each moment, even if it doesn’t seem to be there.
- Breathe and feel the present moment without the worry of future deadlines and commitments.
- Put aside “me time” to enjoy.
- Be organized so that you can be ready for a fast paced, productive future.
- Savor the quiet, calm, warm moments of the present.
And when you are over extended with all the “stuff” you have to do…
Close your eyes and visualize a bright orange warm light, just like the sun. (You can go out in the sun and do this with your eyes closed). Breathe into that light and feel the warmth and calm of it. Try to stay in that clear, empty, warm space as long as possible. Even if you only do this for 30 seconds every day it will help you to stay in the moment.
ENJOY every moment you can.
In good health,